My Day Off...
Today is my day off, for no particular reason except that I have over 17 days of vacation left this year that I must use or lose. So, I may start taking off two days a week, including off for Christmas week. My firm will only let me carry over 5 days, no exceptions this year. With the economy being so bad, they will not let me carry over additional days even though they know I couldn't take off any days during the first 8 months of the year since I took over a new department that was extremely short staffed and in bad shape. However, I have a good relationship with HR and the firm, they may make an exception for me, but in the meantime, I am off.
So, one question is: Why does my husband think that I need help finding things to do on my day off? AND Why can't he take the car to emissions? Isn't that a husband job? I hate doing car stuff, I told him it's one of the reasons I got married was so he would have to deal with the car stuff. Oh well, he does the majority of the cooking, I guess I can take my own car in, it's less than 5 minutes from the house, sigh.
GOOD NEWS: I went for my cat scan on Monday, I thought I had to drink the chalky stuff, but that's only for my cancer screening, so that comes later. I complained earlier that I can't hold my breath for a long time during the slow scans, needless to say, worry no more! The new machines move so fast and only scans you once that it was a breeze! The only hitch was the computer voice telling you when to hold your breath was British. Why must it be a British voice? My firm does that too when you call the helpdesk in Philadelphia, the woman on the computer is British too, we are an American firm, why not have an American accent? I guess it's like the GPS voice - the British are coming, the British are coming...
So, follow-up on the medical stuff next Tuesday - that's when I have two more doctor's appointments and another day off. Today, I vow to make my other doctor appointments - that's the only goal I have including a nap...
Labels: Meds

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home